In 1925, Helen Keller addressed the Lions at our international convention and urged us to be the “knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness.” Since then, Lions have become renowned worldwide for their efforts to improve sight, prevent blindness and other visual impairment, and improve eye health and eye care for millions of people around the world. District 4C4 Lions volunteers provide active and vibrant programs serving children and adults of all ages at health fairs, centers, companies, schools, and businesses.
- “Saved the sight of more than 15 million children by providing eye screenings, glasses, and other treatments through Sight for Kids.”
- “Established or strengthened pediatric eye care centers that have helped more than 120 million children.”
- “Prevented serious vision loss for more than 30 million people worldwide.”
- “Improved eye care for 100 million people by training more than 650,000 eye care professionals and building 315 eye hospitals.”
- “Distributed more than 147 million treatments for river blindness.”
- “Provided nearly 8 million cataract surgeries.”