List of District Officers
Google Forms is a part of the Google Drive suite of tools, and allows you to create surveys you can send out to people and collect information. Create a new Google Form by going to forms.google.com. See the Sharing Documents section on this page for more information on Google Drive.
Wufoo by SurveyMonkey (c/o 2VDG John Hui)
Second Vice District Governor John Hui has purchased Wufoo forms for his use as the Youth Protection Policy officer. Wufoo has some additional benefits over Google Forms, including:
- Easy uploading of files (Google Forms allows file upload, but user must have Google Account)
- Document signing with DocuSign
- Accepting payments (multiple options)
Please contact him if you would like a survey made with Wufoo at email@example.com.
District branded email addresses (eg firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) can be provisioned on an as needed basis. Examples of need include multiple people in a single role or a committee wanting a shared inbox, officers whose contact will need to be printed on paper forms which would preferably not change year to year (like the Treasurer’s contact on where to submit reimbursement forms), and officers whose emails are considered records that should pass on year to year.
There are two ways we can set up a branded email:
- Forwarding: Easier, email is simply forwarded from the lions4c4.org address to the officer’s personal email account
- Easy setup, no action required on the part of the officer
- No email records kept on District servers
- Does not support outgoing mail, officer cannot send mail from their branded address, only receive
- Dedicated mailbox: Officer is given a mailbox on the lions4c4.org server, with their own username/password
- Officer must configure their mail client to read from the separate account (Gmail has the capability to merge the messages into a single inbox, but it’s an advanced feature that requires some setup)
- Emails are kept with the District, can be passed on year to year
- Does support outgoing mail and multiple people accessing (via the same shared username and password)
Sharing Documents/Cloud Storage
The District IT Committee recommends the usage of Google Drive to share files and collaborate with fellow District Officers. We have created a top level folder for the District under the firstname.lastname@example.org account, if you would like your Committee to have a subfolder under that, please contact email@example.com.
Some resources of note within Google Drive are:
- D4C4: Generic District Letterhead (Google Doc/Word)
- D4C4: Generic District Presentation Theme (Google Slide/Powerpoint) (based off LCI theme)
- D4C4: District Officer Email Signature
MD4 uses Dropbox for it’s document storage. See some resources below
In April of 2020, the District purchased a GoToMeeting Business subscription, which allows us to hold meetings online. District Committees can request to schedule a meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their desired date and time. Some notes about the meeting:
- Unlimited meeting length, although only meeting can happen concurrently
- Up to 250 participants (audio), of those up to 25 can have video enabled
- Participants can join via computer, smartphone app, or by dialing in via phone
- Cloud recording available (recording not limited by host’s internet connection), can be uploaded to the District YouTube channel if meant for public distribution
Zoom (c/o DG Fanny)
District Governor Fanny Chu has graciously offered the usage of her personal Zoom account for official district business. Please contact her at email@example.com if you have any special needs.
Known Issues with GoToMeeting
If you require any of the below features in your meetings, GoToMeeting will not be a good fit, and you should look into other alternatives:
- More than 25 participants visible
- Virtual backgrounds
- Visual reactions (👍 👏)
- Live streaming direct to YouTube/Facebook
The District will keep these limitations in mind when choosing whether or not to extend our subscription into the following year.
The District website (lions4c4.org) is open to contribution by officers of the District for sections that fall under their purview. District Officers have the option to:
- Submit a page or several pages to be added to the website, either in the Digital Resource Library or the general District information section (reset yearly)
- Request access to become an editor of the website, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This access will allow you to modify pages and submit them for publishing, pending review by the IT Committee.
- Create your own external site, and request a District branded link to point to that website. For example, the Youth Exchange Committee has created youthexchange.lions4c4.org, which is run on the free Google Sites builder. This gives committees greater autonomy, as long as they have the technical capabilities to manage their own website.
If you have any questions on the resources available to you, feel free to email email@example.com with your inquiry and a member of our Marketing or IT teams will reach out to you.
Meeting Specific Resources
Organizational Meeting 07/11/20
- 071120 Cabinet Organizational Meeting Presentation
- District 4-C4 Cabinet Organization Chart
- District Region/Zone Assignments
- Region/Zone Checklist MS Excel file created by Region 3 Chair Maryah Tucker
- 2020-2021 Club Contact Information (link omitted, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access)
- 2020-2021 Cabinet Contact Information
- Reminders from Cabinet Secretary Yvonne Kantola
- 2020-2021 Cabinet Uniform
- District Reimbursement Request Form