Youth Programs

What you need to know when working with youth.

Leos Clubs

Leos Clubs are Lions Club’s youth counterpart. Each Leos Club is sponsored by a Lions Club, who appoints a Leo Advisor to mentor and guide them.

For Leos

For Leo District Officers

For Leo Advisors

For Leo District Advisors

Youth Protection Policy

District 4-C4 Youth Protection requires compliance with California Regulations.

Club Compliance

Clubs should submit the linked certification form to confirm their compliance with this policy.

More Information

FAQ’s for Youth Protection & AB 506 (as of November 4, 2022)

  1. When do I as a Lion need to comply with AB 506?
    1. You will need to comply with California AB 506 if you qualify as a “Regular Volunteer”, a
      “Regular Volunteer” is any individual 18 years of age or older who volunteers his or her
      time and has direct contact with, or supervision of, minors for more than 16 hours a
      month or 32 hours in a year.
  2. I spend enough time with our LEO’s to qualify as a “Regular Volunteer”, how do I comply with the new State Law?
    1. You will need to complete the state of California mandated training, this training is available at “”. You can also report abuse on this webpage.
    2. When your California mandated training is completed, download your completion certificate and send it to District 4-C4 C/O Youth Protection Officer (YPO). It will be stored in the districts’ secure storage and not available for review by anyone other than the YPO.
  3. How do I complete my background check?
    1. Get clearance through Sterling Volunteers at a cost of $32 .
      1. Go to Website:
      2. Register an account if you don’t have oneyet or enter your username & password to log into your account.
      3. Select “Get Verified” and enter Good Deed Code – “ee54hbt”
      4. Fill out the four steps, enter the payment information (If applicable) and click “Complete”, You’ll get notification of clearance and send a copy as well to the district YPO.
  4. Where can I get a TB test if I need one?
    1. Check with your Personal Physician.
  5. If I suspect abuse or neglect, what do I do?
    1. Follow the training you received in your certification course on the website, to help prevent abuse and
    2. Utilize the website to report suspected abuse and neglect,
  6. What else do I need to do?
    1. To the greatest extent possible, the presence of at least two mandated reporters is required whenever volunteers are in contact with or supervising children.

For additional information, please contact Youth Protection Officer 2nd Vice District Governor Clayton Jolley.