For New Members
Congratulations! You’re now a part of the world’s largest humanitarian service organization. This means that you’ve joined a global community of kind-hearted, service-minded people, dedicated to making a positive impact. We couldn’t be happier to have you as a Lion!Lions International – Welcome!
Here are some resources to get you acquainted with being a member of the world’s largest service organization, Lions International, as well as it’s subgroups, Multiple District 4 (California Lions), District 4 (Lions of San Francisco County, San Mateo County, and the City of Palo Alto), and your specific Lions Club.
- LCI: New Members homepage
- LCI: me13a: New Member Orientation Guide (PDF)
- LCI: pr799: Lions Clubs International Facts Sheet (PDF)
- LCI: pr800: Our Story (PDF), Lions International historical timeline
For Their Sponsors
The importance of new member orientation cannot be emphasized enough. The information presented during orientation provides a foundation for new members. It helps them understand how the club functions, what their role will be and gives them the big picture of their district and the association. When new members are properly informed, they are more likely to feel comfortable with the club, become actively involved in club activities and remain in Lions for years.Lions International, Member Orientation
The District recommends that sponsors hold a “New Member Orientation” with their new members, either individually or in a group setting. To help you with this, we have selected the following resources.
- 4-C4: New Member Orientation Template for District 4-C4 (PowerPoint)
- Modified by our District Global Membership Team
- Clubs are recommended to make a copy of this presentation, fill in the relevant details, and present as part of their own New Member Orientation
- Original generic version: LCI: me13b: New Member Orientation (PowerPoint)
- LCI: me13: New Member Orientation Training Guide (PDF), accompanying the above
- LCI: Member Orientation page
- LCI: mtr11: Basic Mentoring Guide (PDF)
- MD4: Proud Lion Mentoring program page/form
- USA/Canada Forum: 126 – Orientating and Mentoring New Members (Lions University Account required)
Forming a New Club?
We have more resources available for you on the New Clubs page.