Graduate at the Forum!
The Lions University Graduation is only 9 weeks away! Details are as follows:
- When: Thursday, September 9 from 3:30-4:40 p.m. We will start promptly!
- Where: Iowa Events Center, Ballroom B
- Attire: Any attire for a Lions event is appropriate. Consider what you want to wear for a keepsake photo with the International President.
- Photos: In order to stay on schedule, volunteers from the Planning and Host Committees will take the photos and they will be uploaded to the web-site for you to save. You are welcome to take small group photos with fellow Lions at the conclusion of the ceremony.
To graduate, requirements must be complete and credit applied for (within your Lions University account) no later than Saturday, July 31, 2021.
Materials for the Doctorate Project must be submitted by July 15, 2021, due to the additional time necessary to adequately review the material.
NO EXCEPTIONS to this deadline will be given! This information must be manually verified by a volunteer member of our Team prior to preparing graduation materials. There are hundreds of submittals to verify, and unfortunately, many people don't follow instructions and submit insufficient or unacceptable information.
Applying for Credit:
To apply for credit, login to your Lions University account, and select “My Account” from the menu bar. Select the appropriate program from the sub-menu. Click the link that says “*Apply for xx Program Credit” to expand the options and check your current status. Click the links for the specific program requirements and answer the quiz questions. This MUST be completed by July 31 if you would like to be considered for the graduation list – and ONLY submit requirements that you have actually fulfilled, please.
Forum Attendance Requirement:
Verifying past Forum attendance and explaining which are acceptable, is one of the areas that causes a delay in verifying that a member has met all the requirements of a Lions University program. As a reminder, the USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forums eligible to claim for credit toward the Lions University programs are 2014 or later:
- San Juan (2014)
- Grand Rapids (2015)
- Omaha (2016)
- Portland (2017)
- Columbus (2018)
- Spokane (2019)
- Virtual Forum (2020) – Credit is only accepted if the associated quiz was completed by the Oct. 11, 2020 deadline.
- Des Moines (2021) – You MUST be pre-registered for the Forum no later than July 31 in order to claim credit for this Forum toward one of the programs.
Reminder: Forum attendance is not required if you just wish to take the online courses available in our library.
Due to the large number of Lions participating and the number of graduates expected, the Lions University Leadership Team and volunteers need time to verify your achievements and prepare graduation certificates and programs with your names.
You can check the current list of verified graduates (as of July 7) on the Lions University web site at https://lionsuniversity.org/about/2021-graduation-list/
This is how your your name will appear on your certificate and in the graduation program so please notify us if you request it to be different.
The verification must be done manually, so it is not instant when you submit your requests. The website will be updated approximately weekly. If you follow the instructions, and only submit your request after you have completed all the requirements that are described, this should be a relatively smooth process.