FRIDAY, JULY 30 2021
When I was campaigning, I introduced my slogan for my term: FAMILY, which is an acronym for Fostering A More Involved Lion in You. It is both a rallying cry and my own personal reality.
My family, the Valera Family Unit, has grown more involved in Lions and become a backbone of my club and the District. I encourage all of you to do the same, recruiting your own family members and friends close enough to be considered family to join you in your service journey and become Lions, and make your club stronger.
Likewise, during my term, I hope our District can join together as one Lions family, learning and growing with each other and working together to further our District goals.
And as a family, we should be reaching out and involving those Lions and clubs who may need a helping hand. Those who have been affected and continue to be affected by the pandemic. Those who are losing members, or are unable to find new leaders to take on the mantle. Those that want to serve, but don’t know how, or know how but just need some help to get the job done.
I know in our District, we also have many strong clubs who are out there serving and have been serving, even during the worst of the pandemic. I salute you for your efforts, and ask you to keep up the good work.
But as we know, wherever you look, there is still a great need. I am confident that by being more inclusive, and involving all the Lions and Leos of District 4-C4, together as one family, we can accomplish anything.
Augusto “Dr. Jun” Valera Jr, MD
WATCH: DG Dr. Jun’s Oath of Office
Club Officers: Start Your Year Off Strong
Club Reports and Dues
Make sure your club has completed the following:
- Paid your dues invoice to Lions Clubs International (MyLCI 🗗)
- Submitted your monthly membership report by the end of the month, either adding or dropping members, or reporting membership no change (MyLCI 🗗)
- Submitted the annual MD4 Youth Protection Policy report for clubs (4-C4 Digital Library 🗗)
- Submitted a service report, including meetings or donations/fundraisers (MyLion 🗗)
Awards and Recognition
Some upcoming due dates for awards:
- Aug 8: Leo Club Excellence Award 🗗 nomination, submit to Leo Chairperson firstname.lastname@example.org and IPDG Fanny email@example.com
- Aug 15: Kindness Matters Service Award 🗗 nomination, submit to GST at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aug 29: Club Excellence Award 🗗, submit to Cab. Secretary (past and current) email@example.com and IPDG Fanny at firstname.lastname@example.org
- District-Wide Service Opportunity at the SF-Marin Food Bank and IVP Brian Sheehan Visitation on Saturday, August 21, 2021. See the next Thread for more details.
- The District’s 1st Cabinet Meeting will be on Saturday, August 28, 2021
- Multiple District 4 Global Action Team is encouraging all clubs to donate blood in the month of August for one of Lions Clubs International’s global causes: Pediatric Cancer. Find out more about this California Lions Care project at md4lions.org 🗗
- Interested in marketing or technology? The District Technology Team could use some help, contact email@example.com to join our meetings. Also, reach out if you need assistance with the District website or MyLCI/MyLion.