District 4-C4 Marketing Committee (MarCom) is soliciting entries for it’s first Video Contest as part of District Governor Fanny Chu’s theme Be Seen, Be Heard, Be Known.
Clubs are encouraged to submit a short video detailing one service project that they have found success in during this Lionistic year (starting July 1, 2020), during COVID-19 pandemic. This can be a long established project that has continued to perform as an essential service, a reoccurring project that has had to be adapted to fit the current health restrictions, or a completely new project that has sprung up from these circumstances. The choice is yours.
All submissions are welcome! This is our first of hopefully many video contests for the year, and the eventual goal is to combine submissions from all contests into an end of year video under the theme Be Seen, Be Heard, Be Known, to be presented at the District Convention and used for future marketing efforts of the District.
Not only winners, but all participating clubs will be recognized for their efforts at the upcoming Cabinet Meeting. And at the end of the day, you’ll have a cool video to market your club, promote your service, and recruit new members!
Submit your Video
Visit this link to submit your video entry until January 31, 2021 at 5:00 PM Pacific time.
Vote on Submissions
Visit this page to view all video entries, and vote for your favorites until February 4, 2021 at 5:00 PM Pacific time.
- Submission stage
- Sunday, January 10, 2021 – Contest start
- Sunday, January 31, 2021 by 5:00 PM – Deadline for submission
- Public voting stage
- Monday, February 1, 2021 – Public vote begins
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 by 5:00 PM – Deadline to vote
- Final selection and announcement stage
- Friday, February 5, 2021 – MarCom selects final winners
- Saturday, February 6, 2021 – Top 3 winners presented at the Cabinet Meeting, with other submissions played during breaks as time allows
- Submissions restricted to Lions and Leos Clubs of District 4-C4
- Videos must fit the theme: highlighting one service project during LY 2020-2021
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and 1 minute long (no exceptions)
- Videos must be posted publicly on Facebook, YouTube, or other social media, with link provided to MarCom as part of submission
The final winner selection will be made by the MarCom team, including DG Fanny Chu, and will take into account:
- How well the video addresses the prompt, as well as the overall theme of the year: “Be Seen, Be Heard, Be Known”
- The highlighted service project’s impact on the community
- Publicity efforts of the club on the original video submission’s social media entry
- Popularity in the public poll
Note the above are only general guidelines and are subject to change at the MarCom team’s discretion.